19 May 2022
Working at Heights Training
This subsidised basic height safety course covers NZQA Unit Standards 23229. This course will provide you or your trainees with the skills to identify the correct equipment, carry out pre-use checks and learn how to use the harness safely in conjunction with other height safety equipment. Understand the hazard and risk management process, specifically on hazards associated with heights systems and ascertain the importance of having a rescue plan and recovery method's in place, prior to beginning any activity.
NZQA 23229 - Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height - Level 3, 4 Credits
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identifying hazards associated with the wearing of a safety harness and associated equipment while working at height.
- Identifying the different parts of a safety harness and how to check for faults associated with a harness and associated equipment for people who want to work at height.
- Fitting a height safety harness in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height.
- Implementing a rescue plan in the event of a fall from height.
Proudly supported and subsidised by:
NB: This event is reserved for GETBA members only.
Refund policy: GETBA offers a full refund if the booking is cancelled in writing at least 48 hours before the event. If the cancellation is received after this deadline a refund will not be offered. GETBA reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrolment or other exceptional circumstances. In such circumstances, all participants will be offered a full refund. If an event is postponed, GETBA will give participants the option of transferring to the new date or receiving a full refund.